Sunday, August 28, 2011

My balcony gets a makeover!

This part of my home was neglected for some time, for lack of time. So, last week I decided to give it a makeover and went out shopping with my friend and spotted a beautiful jharoka at a Rajasthani store. That was my first purchase. And then the next purchase for the balcony happened at a li’l shop which is a favorite with we three friends Janani, Monirupa and I.
Monirupa reached this shop before me while I was ogling at a bedspread at another store and urged me to reach there soon. And then came the surprise. She pointed to a mural… half face of Budha (she knows my Budha fetish) and asked me how do I like it. I said it was stunning. She promptly asked the shop keeper to pack it and turned towards me and said, “That’s a gift from me to you for your birthday” J




And then another mural caught my eye… that of a flower. And, I treated myself by purchasing that. And then went about arranging all my purchases and of course, the gift on the balcony wall. And the result is something to die for.    






2 comments:

Pretty Woman said...

WOW!!! I am loving it...the half Buddha is gorgeous! What a lovely gift...I noticed you did'nt remove my butterfly :)

Its looking awesome....all we need are cups of masala chai, some lounge chairs and all 3 of us there all at the same time! :)Some day...

Srija Padmnanabhan (Chickoo) said...

The butterfly will always remain, I treasure it ... you had taken efforts to make it specially for me! and yes masala chai and we three...someday!